- Entry form
- Rules & Conditions of Entry
Eligible films must abide by the following rules of submission:
Short films cannot:
- Contain nudity, drug use or strong violence;
- Contain (what the judges deem to be) harsh language or be of an offensive nature;
- Be longer than 7 minutes including credits;
- Have been screened at a previous Shortcuts event.
Accepted Short Films:
- Can be Narrative based, Documentary, or Animation;
- Must be made by young people (25 years and under at time the film was made) – excludes mentors;
- All cast and crew members must either live, work or study in Western Sydney – excludes mentors.
- MUST SUPPLY 2 HIGH QUALITY STILL PHOTOGRAPHS with the film submission (on CD-Rom or via Email).
- Will be compiled on a DVD for the screening.
Conditions of Entry into the competition:
- PYT reserves the right to withhold any film from Shortcuts if it is deemed it as offensive &/or does not follow the above rules or conditions of entry.
- Disqualification from the competition is final and no discussion will be entered into.
- All material used within the film is the content of the filmmaker, and all necessary permissions have been sort for any material that is not copy written to the filmmaker, including music and soundtrack.
- Shortcuts is a live event. Judges make their decision about the film awards at the conclusion of the screening.
- Judges’ decisions are final and no discussion will be entered into.
- PYT accepts no responsibility for the delivery of your film.
- To have your film returned to you, please include with your entry a stamped self addressed padded envelope (Not a DL envelope). Please DO NOT send us your only copy or master copy.
- All films received will be reviewed by the panel of judges prior to the event and finalists will be selected and screened at Shortcuts’13 13th of April 2013 at Fairfield School of Arts, 19 Harris Street, Fairfield. Event starts at 7pm.
- You must attend Shortcuts screening, to be eligible for any of the awards.
- If chosen as a finalist, you give PYT the right to compile your film into a ShortCuts Finalists DVD. PYT retains the copyright of the Finalists DVD and reserves the right to pursue the broadcasting rights of video/film with a public broadcaster.
- Entry Deadline: 30 March 2013